Haven't seen a good new western in a while, will be looking for the BR when it comes out!
'Atomic Blonde' was fantastic, the fight scenes, entire story line of double agents during the Cold War, fall of the wall, etc.
LOVED the ending, wasn't expecting that at all! LOL
The FIRST Jackie Chan movie that I actually liked, his flicks were actually decent in the past, but usually ruined by stupid comedy antics that just spoiled everything.
This one is serious as cancer with a great plot, actors, multiple twists & turns, and lots of action; a real first for a Jackie Chan movie!
Both were good, 'Ninja' had its slow moments, but had some of the best blood & gore I've seen yet! And LOTS of it!
And the latest 'Star Wars' wasn't bad either; didn't care for the kid's section, but overall, the special effects made up for that.
Very much a modern day & updated 'Heat' with way more action.
The opening and closing gun fight scenes are freaking spectacular! Lots of cool firearms and plenty of rounds fired.
Enjoyed it tremendously, will definitely pick up the BR when the price drops significantly, a keeper.
Fell asleep after 20 minutes watching 'JL.' DC needs to Improve their flicks BIG TIME.
'The Shape of Water' was a captivating flick! I wasn't expecting much, but was thoroughly entertained, very well made and interesting story line.
Watched a few flicks since the last review: 1) '15:17 to Paris', 2) 'All the Money in the World', and 3) 'Black Panther.'
All three were good in their genres with a few comments. Didn't care for the lengthy childhood days story development in 15:17.
Money was a little too long, but well made, and Panther was a surprise, it was entertaining. Only comment for Panther and Hollywood in general, is to use actors who can actually speak proper 'Korean.'
Watched a few flicks: 'Tomb Raider', 'Hara Kiri, Death of a Samurai' and HBO series 'The Pacific'.
All three were great, I enjoyed watching them all. Although 'The Pacific' was an HBO series along the lines of 'Band of Brothers', it was well made with a few parts that were a little long and slow.
The battle scenes however, were some of the best I've ever seen and pretty much what my father described to me when he was USMC on Okinawa; utterly brutal and pure hell!
Watched the following flicks.
1. "Murder on the Orient Express" wasn't as good as the Albert Finney version. First 30 minutes were great, then it went downhill FAST. Still wondering what the big deal with Johnny Depp is?
2. "Tesla" documentary was interesting, the man was a true genius with ZERO business skills.
3. "Generation Kill" Discs 1-3 were all great, thoroughly enjoyed watching each of the 7 episodes, very well made & realistic about a USMC Recon unit in the Iraq Invasion.
4. "Revenge" was good, the gal was stunning, but the story was unrealistic, but she made the made the movie what it is.
5. "Death Wish" was fantastic, Bruce Willis did a great job with this remake of a Charles Bronson classic.
Watched it last night, it was a total let down!
Had SO much potential to be a great flick, but had a very awkward story line that didn't work for me.
Best scene of the flick was the 2 Blackhawks stopping the 2 vehicles and blowing all the bad guys away.
Other than that, very bland, predictable and disappointing.